Wednesday 25 August 2010

Life is a destination not a journey

I heard someone say “life is a journey” earlier this week and it really set something off inside of me and got me thinking. Why do people say this? Yes the journey can be fun and interesting but surely the most important thing in any journey is getting to your destination. It’s like when you go on holiday you may enjoy going on the plane but the thing you are most looking forward to is going to the country you are visiting.

To me life is a series of destinations and those destinations are the dreams and things I want to achieve. If you don’t set yourself these destinations and don’t do everything you can to get to them then you are never going to achieve what you want to out of life. To me life without dreams would be a life that I wouldn’t want to lead.

The journey may be long and the journey may take you all over the place but it should always have direction. It is important we don’t get consumed or lost in the journey forgetting what our destination actually is.

It’s like when people say ”the most interesting people I knew were the people who didn’t know what they wanted to do with their life in their forties” sorry to me that doesn’t ring true. The most interesting people I know are the ones who have big dreams and are passionate about achieving them. I think statements like these are cop-outs for people who never really achieved anything or tried hard in life.

Don’t just see where life takes you, if you think life is a journey never forget that you are the driver and it’s about time you came up with a destination.

Adam Sibley
Founder of the Talented Young People organisation
www.talentedyoungpeople.com
"Envisage it, Believe it, Achieve it!"
”Shaking up the Youth of Today”

http://www.talentedyoungpeople.blogspot.com

No comments: